Yummy 😋 Spaghetti Squash Works with Shred10!
Taking Shred10 Sign-ups for Monday, October 17-26.
Spaghetti squash is a versatile vegetable that can easily take the place of noodles or pasta. Coupled with the delicious flavor and texture of mushrooms, this entree will satiate your tastebuds and appetite!
MUSHROOM SPAGHETTI SQUASH
1 large spaghetti squash
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large leek
8 oz. mushrooms (of your choice), sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. basil, chopped
Salt and pepper
½ cup vegetable broth
¼ cup basil or parsley, chopped
Sage leaves (garnish)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with nonstick aluminum foil.
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds and pulp. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and place, cut side down, on the sheet pan.
3. On a separate sheet tray, lined with nonstick aluminum foil, toss the mushrooms with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
4. Place squash and mushrooms in the oven. Roast mushrooms for about 15 minutes or until slightly browned. Set aside. Roast squash for about 30 minutes or until tender and can be easily pierced with a knife. Cool slightly and use a fork to shred the squash into spaghetti strands. Set aside.
5. While the squash and mushrooms are roasting, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add leeks and cook over medium heat until golden and tender. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add vegetable broth and cook until warm.
6. Toss in the mushrooms before serving to give them some heat and pour on top of squash. Top with chopped basil or sage.
Makes approximately 2 servings.
Photo credit: http://https://happykitchen.rocks